My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

my new child and pet

The day after Sarah and I moved into our new house, we discovered that we had an unexpected pet. This is Mayyere “Lightening,” our pet turtle.
































The one thing Sarah & I miss about Niamey is the fact that you can buy tortillas there. We experienced making homemade tortillas the other day with our “son” or our Fulani neighbor. I call him our son because he literally stays over all the time, even stays outside overnight. Let’s say he has been exposed to quite a bit of American culture and food. We love our son though, because he has helped us to develop our Fulfulde.






























and here is my precious angel napping

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey jessica! i'm glad to see that you are settled into your house..i'm glad you have a nice kitchen so you can do your cooking...the house looks alot nicer than my little home in gotheye..hopefully you have AC!!! is it finally cooling down any?? i miss you guys alot!! take care and i'll be praying for you!
    love, hillary

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tuuurtle, tuurrtle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home