My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Monday, May 08, 2006

yet another story

today i was in my first ever car accident. not my first in africa. my first, period.

driving home from buying groceries...boom. this car was at the intersection, where it was supposed to stop before entering the road. he failed to stop causing us to crash. yep, i was driving. i stopped where we were, we all jumped out of the truck. the man came up to me, smiling. i asked him why he didn't stop. the response: i wasn't thinking, i'm sorry. what?

sarah had already ran down to the guest house, because we weren't far away to get the bossman to come help us. i was trying to get the man to wait, but he kept refusing. just as he started his car to drive off, a friend drove up and was able to assist us. Praise the Lord. In the end, he messed up his car much more than our truck, which is plenty banged up as is. of coure we had a nice audience, which was good...because they are all witnesses that it wasn't my fault!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    jessica!! you had an accident...i cant believe it...and right after i left too!!! i can only imagine!! well i'm glad you guys are all right!i miss you!
    Hillary

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Stella said…

    Ditto to the comments before mine. I love you and I'm praying for you. Do you need anything out there?

    ~Stella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home