My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

fulfulde class

monday we began fulfulde class. i am so thankful & excited that we have finally started to learn the language of the sokoto fulani.
















ever had class outside in 110 degree weather???

fulfulde has 84 pronouns. 84! craziness.

Pray that the Lord will bless us as we study and attempt to learn this language. The more Fulfulde I know, the more the Sokoto Fulani will hear about real life.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Danielle said…

    I counted pronouns, my friend. I believe there are 93. Or, maybe Hamani just wanted to make it harder for me.

    Have a great time studying Fulfulde. It will be so worth it. I am praying for y'all.

    Love you

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Blogger Stella said…

    I feel ya on the 110 degree weather! We only had two more walls than you do. I'll pray for you and the heat. I know how much fun it was to teach English in that heat. I actually got to see your mom and dad today at church. It was great to see them! I wish I'd gotten to see you before you went to Niger, but I guess that just means I'll have to find a way out there to see you sometime during your two year stay! Love and Blessings to you!

    ~Stella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home