My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Friday, March 17, 2006

another flat

Friday we ventured to the edge of town to meet some Fulani. Though they are considered “city” Fulani, they still live in huts with no running water or electricity and have a small herd of sheep, goats, or cattle. While there we were able to observe more about Fulani culture and to hear some Fulfulde. As we started to leave in the truck, we realized that we had yet another flat tire. What? In the States, I have only experienced one flat tire and that was before I was old enough to drive. Never again. Yet here I have already dealt with 2 flats! Today the truck we were driving did not have all the necessary equipment so another lady and I walked to a garage/mechanic. After a short while, we got the tire changed and moved on. Flats have previously been rare, now they are the norm. Perhaps I will keep a running count of flats!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:50 PM, Blogger Stella said…

    I pray for the flats to stop! I'm really excited that I get to keep up with you all during your time in Niger! You are so my role model. I love you!

    ~Stella

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you will be an expert tire changer in no time! don't you be hitting any kids.. goats..that is..
    love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home