My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Friday, January 20, 2006

week #2

week two of orientation is coming to a close and it has been a great one. lots of learning involved, along with lots of fun. much of the week was spent discussing spiritual warfare with Dr. Rankin. Satan is indeed devilish, yet my God is so much more powerful than him. It is so comforting to know that no matter what, God is on my side, fighting my battles with me. There are certain "things" that always remind me of His power and glory. This picture below is one example:

















I have seen You in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power & glory.

I mean look at the beautiful colors in the sky, only the most awesome artist in all of creation could put together something like this. (of course the picture does not do it any justice)

Here at MLC it really is like living on a farm. In my backyard there is a barn, cows, fields, etc. I've never lived on a farm, so I guess this is a taste of what it is like, minus milking the cows and tending the fields....okay so its really NOT like living on a farm.

This afternoon is the first of three days that is set aside for shots. That's right, today began shot day. And since I am a "B" I got the honors of being in the first group of shot-getters. Today I received 4 shots, and in the days to come I will get a total of 5 more. Out of approximately 300 adults and kids, I was the only individual to receive the chickenpox vaccine. Nope, I have never had the chicken pox and I don't think that I want them anytime in the future. So hopefully after all of the shot days, I will be vaccinated against all the uncertainties that are to come. Rabies, polio, meningitis,....too bad there isn't a simple shot to prevent malaria, d, parasites, and such.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home