My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

departure

finally, i have finished packing. this past week i have spent ample time with family & friends. tons of wal-mart runs. lots of packing, weighing, unpacking, and repacking. i'm serious. monday i had all of my bags right at the weight limit. thought i was finished. but no! tuesday morning i received a phone call letting me know that it is likely the airline will not accept one of my excess pieces of baggage. so what did i do? repacked completely. reorganized so that one bag would be the "if i can go, i will; if not, of well." now hopefully i am all done with packing. if not, i am afraid my mother will shoot me!

i've probably gained 20 pounds over the last week. i just had to get in all the good food that i could. it has been well worth it!

so the flight schedule:
louisville-atlanta-paris-niamey
longest layover: 4 hours, 20 minutes. not bad!

as of noon tomorrow, i'm off...

next time you hear from me i'll be in niger!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:20 AM, Blogger Stella said…

    Safe journey my friend, you're in my prayers!

    ~Stella

     

Post a Comment

<< Home