My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Thursday, June 01, 2006

me and my moto

yesterday my moto arrived and i had my first lesson riding the thing. a bit different than i expected, but...so far so good.















it's no harley, but don't i look cool...i know i know, if i feel silly on it, i must look silly.

i have only practiced driving around the compound, because we have been encouraged to not drive the motos in Niamey. though later this week i will go to another part of town to practice driving it in deep sand...so more pics to come...and i'm sure they'll be more interesting.
















there she goes

well the compound does have some pretty big hills, pot holes, and sharp turns so i am getting some good practice.

the moto will be used to get me around Tessaoua and from the town to the bush.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lady A said…

    I love it!!! Scooters are the BEST! I bet you'll go back to the states and trade your car in for a harley...lol.

     
  • At 5:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    zoom zoom!!!

     
  • At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, and you look precious! just dont go getting any rose tattoos anytime soon....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home