My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Friday, November 16, 2007

likitajo

does the fact that my mom, aunt, and grandmother are nurses give me the right to practice medicine? nope, but i do...sometimes.


















here i am cleaning a leg wound for this elderly fulani lady.

the man watching is my "likitajo" or doctor in training.
i leave him with some cleaning supplies and he takes care of folks' sores and such when i'm not around.

my expertise: sores & wounds. nothing else.
everything else is left in the hands of the real doctors and our Great Physician.

i enjoy loving the fulani by playing doctor. it is a blessing.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jessica, we as a homegroup based in Auckland, New Zealand and have recently 'adopted' the sokoto fulani and have them on our hearts and parayers. As part of our prayers we have been asking God to send forth people into Niger to minister to the physical and spiritual needs of the sokoto fulani.
    It is therefore with great pleasure that I discover your blog and now know that God has indeed raised up people to be a witness for our great King.
    I am not sure from your blog if you are now returning to the States but we would like to stay in touch (with you or other teams in Niger) regarding specific needs for specific people so that we can pray on this side of the world for specific issues. You can contact me on tvschalkwyk@xtra.co.nz.
    May I encourage you with Matthew 5:16. You truly live this princple. God bless.
    Theunis

     

Post a Comment

<< Home