My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Saturday, July 28, 2007

out in sm



above: me (nayejo) chit-chatting with "surbajo."

I call her "young, unmarried girl" and she refers to me as "old lady." We have such a fun-loving relationship. She may be old and widowed, but she has a wonderful since of humor. I always enjoy hanging out with "surbajo." Unlike her 5 grown sons and their wives, she has yet decided to follow the way of truth.



above: walking to the well with the twins

These two older ladies are also a joy to be around and neither of them are walking with God. Many of their grown children are believers, so pray that one day (soon) they would have a change of heart as well.



above: watching as two of the men attempt to match pictures with words

boy, is literacy a challenge in an illiterate culture! i know, duh! slowly, slowly. it is my heart's desire that these men will one day soon be able to read God's Word on their own and in their own language.

change in subject:



look at me: i've lost 185 pounds!

ha ha, not really. but this is my big mama shirt and i always have a blast when i wear it.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger BandMan said…

    Excellent post! We will print this and show it to the church (bulletin board that continues to change as new posts arrive). We are keeping a scrap book of all the posts and email that you and your teammates put up.

    There seem to be many believers in that village. God is moving through them in mighty ways.

    I actually said a prayer in a dream I had this morning! The prayer included many thoughts, including West Africa. What an interesting thing to wake up while saying a prayer to God. He is wonderful!

    BTW, I have changed my user id. This is Dave/Daouda.

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger BandMan said…

    BTW, how is "Tom" doing?

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, I am trying to get in touch with Cherry Faile. Have you met her? Does she ever have access to e-mail. I am a friend of hers from college God Bless, Cindy Jenkins
    cindyjenkins07@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home