My Journey in Niger

Life among the Sokoto Fulani of Niger

Friday, October 26, 2007

Niger/America

Random thoughts
Things I’ll miss
Things I won’t miss
Lessons learned

You’re 40 years old, right?; Talking to neighbors while in the “bathroom;” Duct taping the ceiling so lizards can’t come in; Africa, where is that?; You’re men only marry one woman; always have water; Entertaining the neighborhood kids; Beautiful stars; the living Word; Cramming folks into vehicles; 4-wheel drive; The heat; The unknown; Trying to tell a Fulani about my skydiving experience; Cool mornings; Solid relationships; Using a stick as tissue; Cooking from scratch; My job: to proclaim the Truth; Playing doctor; Church; You’re not married; Coke in a glass bottle; The public restroom; Brown eggs; mosquitoes; The trash dump; sticking out like a sore thumb; community; utter dependence upon the Lord

1 Comments:

  • At 3:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss some of those things so much!!
    Love ya, Hillary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home